Tuesday, May 1, 2007

If Only...

I'm tired of writing about the issues that everyone else cares about. I'm tired of having to see everyone else's point of view in order to understand and better support my own. I'm tired of how much effort I put into good argumentative techniques and logically clear writing, and the horribly written and/or spoken responses I get. I'm tired of having to care about the things everyone else wants to talk about. I'm tired of keeping up with everyone else's societal systems and expectations.

Why can't we all just take one big day off? Let's just say screw it all... screw the rivalries, screw the religious bickering, screw the competition, screw the rat race of life... let's just all chill out, and only put effort into helping others chill out. Let's all go out onto our lawns and barbecue and hang out. Lets raid furniture stores, monopolize all the big comfy sofas, and just talk with our friends. Lets lie down on our roofs and watch the clouds go by against the horizon, reminding us of the importance of the spaceship we call Earth. Let's all take one big break... a minimum 12 hours of sleep per person. Let's throw out the titles, the Sunnis and Shiites, the liberals and conservatives, the Red Sox and Yankees. Let's just be human beings.

No comments: