Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Power of Music

The notes invade your body, converging on your brain and controlling your body like a drug. You lose control as your brain stops processing the things around you. Slowly, all other emotion is numbed, and the music begins to warm up it up, chipping at your heart like it's made of marble until it leaves a statue of itself behind. Watch a person in the midst of listening to a great song, especially if they have headphones on- the music takes over, and at that very moment nothing else in their life matters. It brings out the rawest of emotion in us; it can make us laugh or cry, celebrate or mourn, rejoice or reflect.

Sometimes, I just pray that my playlist won't end.

1 comment:

Alexander said...

Having read your blog I thought you would be hugely interested to read my second e-book "An Ordinary Balck Cat" available in www.catyourway.com Do let me know how you got on with the 1st chapter. Good luck!